Friday, May 05, 2006

The Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary

JMJ+D
Today is First Friday and the following day will be First Saturday.

St. John Eudes said:

Although the Heart of Jesus is distinct from that of Mary, and infinitely surpasses it in excellence and holiness, nevertheless, God has so closely united these two Hearts that we may say with truth that they are but one, because they have always been animated with the same spirit and filled with the same sentiments and affections.

... Add to this that Jesus so lives and reigns in Mary that He is the Soul of her soul, the Spirit of her spirit, the Heart of her heart; so much so that we might well say that Jesus is enshrined in the Heart of Mary so completely that in honoring and glorifying her Heart, we honor and glorify Jesus Christ Himself.

O Jesus, living in the Heart of Mary! be the life of my heart. Mary, Mother of Jesus, obtain by thy intercession, I beseech thee, that I may have but one heart with thy Beloved Son and thyself.

Pope John Paul II said:

We can say that just as the mystery of Redemption began in the womb of the Virgin of Nazareth, so did that splendid union of the hearts of Christ and his Mother. From the very moment when the Word was made flesh beneath the heart of Mary, there has existed, under the influence of the Holy Spirit, an enduring relationship of love between them. The heart of the Mother has always followed the redemptive mission of her Son. As Jesus hung on the Cross in completion of his salvific work, Simeon's prophecy foretelling the definitive alliance of the hearts of the Son and of the Mother was fulfilled ... Indeed the centurion's lance that pierced the side of Christ also penetrated the heart of his sorrowful Mother and sealed it in sacrificial love.

Since the hearts of Jesus and Mary are joined forever in love, we know that to be loved by the Son is also to be loved by his Mother.

(The Alliance of the Two Hearts) Image from here.

Consecration Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
and the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Oh Dear Hearts of Jesus and Mary, My Mother, I give to you today my body, soul and spirit, to do as you will with me; to dispose of me according to your wishes. I consecrate all that I have been and ever will be to your two pure Hearts. I give you my works, joys and sorrows; please purify them by your great love for us. I give you myself forever and ever. I give you my heart for safe keeping, until I reach Heaven. I am your son/daughter who love you dearly. Amen.
(Pilgrimage of the Two Hearts Prayer Group Guide)
You can make the First Friday and First Saturday devotion by:
1. Going to Confession and attending Masses on Friday and Saturday
2. Making a Eucharistic Adoration
3. Doing the Stations of the Cross
4. Praying the Holy Rosary
5. Praying the Chaplet of the Sacred Heart
6. Praying the Litany to the Sacred Heart
7. Making an Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart and Immaculate Heart
THE DOUBLE GREAT NOVENA

In a Message of Jesus Christ to Sister Natalia in Hungary, He requests all to pray the Double Great Novena to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary for nine consecutive First Fridays and First Saturdays.
All know about the devotion of the nine consecutive First Fridays. Few know about the Five Consecutive First Saturdays. And very few know of the Nine Consecutive First Fridays and the Nine Consecutive First Saturdays.

As in Paray-le-Monial, France, and Fatima, a private revelation to Sister Natalia received the Imprimatur from the local bishop in Hungary.

Jesus: "As the Father entrusted all things to Me, so I give My victorious power over the world and sin to the Immaculate Heart of My Mother."
"Through My daughter (Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque), I gave the world great promises, but because of My infinite Goodness, now, I give much more.
If people wish to gain the benefits of My promises, they must love and venerate the Immaculate Heart of My Mother. The greatest sign of this veneration will be to receive Holy Communion on Nine Consecutive First Saturdays, and in the same way, on Nine Consecutive First Fridays, after a preparation and a true repentance. Their intentions must be to console My Heart and, at the same time, the Immaculate Heart of My Mother."
Sister Natalia: "When Our Lord told me the first time about these First Saturdays, I did not realize that the Blessed Virgin at Fatima asked for only Five First Saturdays, in comparison with the Nine First Saturdays mentioned in the Messages I received. Consequently, the authorities of the Church wanted me to ask the Savior why He asked for nine, while Mary asked for only five.
The Divine Savior replied: "The request of My Mother for Five Saturdays is a sign of Her humility and consequently, She did not consider Herself worthy of receiving a devotion that is equal to Mine. My request is a sign of My love, I cannot bear the idea of demanding more for Me than for My Mother who is united with Me in Love."
"Hence, I understood that Jesus would have us make reparation for Nine Saturdays because He had demanded for Himself, to Saint Margaret Mary, Nine First Fridays."
To make a good Novena, follow these suggestions: Prepare yourself with true repentance, if possible go to Confession. Receive Holy Communion on both days (First Friday and First Saturday).
The intentions of the Novena must be "to console My Heart and, at the same time, the Immaculate Heart of My Mother."

THE 33 PROMISES OF JESUS TO THOSE WHO MAKE THE DOUBLE GREAT NOVENA

1. All that they demand through the Heart of My Mother, provided that their requests are compatible with the Will of the Father, I will grant them during the novena.
2. They will experience in every circumstance the extraordinary assistance of My Mother as well as Her blessings.
3. Peace, harmony and love will reign in their souls and the souls of the members of their families.
4. I will protect their families from scandals, disappointments, injustice.
5. Married couples will remain together, and if one of the spouses left the home, he or she will come back.
6. The members of their families will understand each other and persevere in the Faith.
7. Expectant mothers will experience the special protection of My Mother and receive what they demand for themselves and their children.
8. The poor will receive shelter and food. I will lead them to love prayer and suffering. They will learn to love God and their neighbors.
9. The sinners will be converted without difficulty, even though somebody else makes this novena for them.
10. The sinners will not fall back into their previous state. They will not only receive forgiveness for their sins, but also a perfect contrition and, through love, they will recover the innocence of their Baptism.
11. Those who make this novena in the state of innocence of their Baptism (particularly the children) will not offend My Heart by a grave fault until the time of their death.
12. The sinners who sincerely repent will not only escape Hell but also Purgatory.
13. The lukewarm will become fervent believers; they will persevere and reach perfection and saintliness in no time.
14. If parents or other members of a family make this novena, no member of that family will be condemned to Hell.
15. Many young will be called to religious life, including the priesthood. Unbelievers will become believers, and those who wander without direction (Catholics who broke away) will return to the Church.
16. Priests and religious will remain faithful to their vocation.
17. The infidel will receive the grace of a sincere contrition and the possibility of returning to one's vocation.
18. Parents and leaders will receive assistance for their spiritual and material needs.
19. The body will be freed from the temptations of the world and from sin.
20. The proud and the arrogant will become humble; the temperate will be burning with love.
21. Fervent souls will experience the sweetness of prayer and sacrifice; they will never be tormented by anxiety or doubt.
22. The dying will depart this world without agony and without the attacks of Satan.
23. The dying will experience an immense desire for eternal life. So they will surrender to My Will and depart this life in the arms of My Mother. They will experience the extraordinary protection of My Mother on the day of the Last Judgement. They will receive the grace of sharing and relieving My suffering and that of My Mother.
24. Those who endeavor to be perfect will obtain, as a privilege, the main virtues of My Mother: humility, love and purity.
25. They will be accompanied by peace and certain inner and external joy during their lives, whether they are sick or healthy.
26. The priests will receive the grace of living in the presence of My Mother without effort.
27. Those who progress with Me in unity will receive the grace of experiencing this unity.
28. They will know what it means: It does not mean that they will live longer, but that I will live within them. That is to say: I will love with their hearts, I will pray with their souls, I will speak with their tongues, I will serve with all their beings.
29. They will experience that which is good, beautiful, holy, humble, simple, obedient, precious and admirable within them; It is Me, Me, the Almighty, the Infinite, the only Lord, the only Love.
30. The souls of those who make this novena will be as radiant as the white lilies all around the Heart of My Mother in eternity.
31. I, the Divine Lamb of God, united with My Father and the Holy Spirit, will always rejoice at seeing these souls who, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, will obtain the glory of eternity.
32. The souls of the priests will always progress in the Faith and virtue.
33. The greatest promise of Mary: "The gates of Hell will be closed on the First Saturdays of each month. Nobody will go to Hell on those days. However, the gates of Purgatory will be open. So, many souls will be able to reach Heaven. It is the result of the merciful Love of My Son - it is the reward of these souls who venerate My Immaculate Heart."

Double Great Novena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla