Thursday, September 14, 2006

Pope Plants Seeds In Homeland Germany

JMJ+D

Pope Benedict XVI bids farewell after a six-day nostalgic apostolic journey to his homeland from the Munich international airport September 14, 2006. He came not only to visit his homeland but to do what he can to inspire and plant the seeds of faith in a country where secularization is so strong.

In one of his messages to priests, he said "There is so much to be done, I see that I can't do it," he told a group of priests. That is true for priests, I can guess to what extent. That is also true for the Pope: he has so much to do and my strength is not sufficient for it all. So I must learn to do what I can and to leave the rest to God and my colleagues. There are fewer workers. Ask God that he sends workers," Benedict said.

Image from Papacy and the Vatican

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla