Sunday, January 07, 2007

Catholic Devotions Meme

JMJ+D

God bless Antonia for tagging me with the Catholic devotions meme.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus.
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer.
The Holy Rosary.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear the brown scapular.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
Yes, including water from Lourdes and the miraculous water from Madonna del Pozzo.

5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
Yes, at mass and whenever some suffering comes my way. It's the only way to survive.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Yes. My family has a devotion to the Two Hearts.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How Frequently?
Yes. I try to go at least once a week.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
I was raised to go to mass on Sunday morning.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes. Every mealtime.

10. Favorite saints:
St. Joseph, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Bernadette, St. Faustina, St. Michael the Archangel.

11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
Yes.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes, I'm always moved to say, “Jesus, have mercy on me a poor sinner” or “Jesus I love you” and “Jesus I trust in You”.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes, I say a Hail Mary and ask the Lord to protect them.

Added bonus question: Have you named your Guardian Angel?
I just call my angel, dearest Angel Guardian.

Hmmm.... now who can I tag? How about Danny and Amy
. Feel free to elaborate on your answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Epiphany as well! I will give my best shot at the meme!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Happy Epiphany to you too!

Thanks for playing Danny.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Steven R. McEvoy said...

Thanks for taggin Danny, his open tag meade me rethink many of these practices.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

srmcevoy,

You're very welcome! You're answers were great and inspiring. Thanks for playing.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla