Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Envoy of Divine Mercy

The Vatican is the only "state in the world" to visit Katrina victims. Vatican delegate Archbishop Josef Cordes witnessed enormous destruction but also great compassion toward the victims of Katrina.

The Church is the envoy of the call to the works of mercy.

To feed the hungry
"For I was hungry and you gave me to eat." Mt. 25:35
To give drink to the thirsty
"...I was thirsty and you gave me to drink..." Mt. 25:35
To clothe the naked
"I was...naked and you clothed me..." Mt. 25:36
To visit the imprisoned
"I was in prison and you came to me." Mt. 25:36
To shelter the homeless
"...I was a stranger and you took me in..." Mt. 25:35
To visit the sick
"...I was sick and you cared for me..." Mt. 25:36
To bury the dead
"Amen, I say to you, insofar as you did it for one of these least of my brothers, you did it for me." Mt. 25:40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla