Monday, October 17, 2005

Catechism # 1

To offer some basic catechism, I thought I would begin with a series of fundamental questions on Catholic doctrine. They are quite easy to answer and no challenge for theologians but I thought it would be a good thing to share with those who own a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church but have barely opened it (mea culpa). Answers will be posted at the end of the day. (Answers are indicated in bold).

1.The desire for God is written in
a. Latin
b. The human heart
c. Scripture

2. Man comes to accept God’s existence by
a. Faith
b. Reason
c. Both Faith and Reason

3. By revealing Himself, God wishes to make man capable of
a. Responding to Him, knowing and loving Him beyond man’s natural capacity.
b. Praying daily and mortifying our senses.
c. Fighting heretics and becoming martyrs.

4. God revealed Himself first to:
a. Abraham
b. Adam and Eve
c. Noah

5. After the fall of our first parents, God did not cease to show His solicitude to man. He never abandoned man but continued to offer a covenant to man. He sought to save humanity part by part and His first covenant with man was with
a. Abraham
b. Isaac
c. Noah

6. After the flood, God gathered together scattered humanity into His chosen people by calling the “father of a multitude of nations” in the person of
a. Job
b. Abraham
c. Daniel


Pax et Bonum!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I visited too late! I love quizzes like this. Jonathan and I sometimes give each other "bible quizzes" he knows more than me though. Lovely "picture of the week too!"
I would have got some of those questions wrong actually. You learn every day!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Don't worry Carmel, my plan is to continue with these catechism quizzes. It's meant for sharing not for grading because I too learn as I post them.

As for the picture of the week, the boy, named Emmanuelo, hugging the Pope was the official spokesperson of the Children's festival last Sunday Oct. 15. I don't know if you saw it on EWTN but it was such a moving scene. At the end of Emmanuelo's greeting, he told the Pope..."and finally, on behalf of all the children, I want to give you a big hug". And the Pope stood up immediately and hugged him back!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla