Saturday, October 01, 2005

St. Therese of Lisieux Doctor of the Church

Today is the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux also known as "The Little Flower". She has been an inspiration in my life and a powerful intercessor. She has been instrumental in my own vocation.


Therese at 15 years old


As Sacristan


"I will spend my heaven doing good on earth"


"O God, I love You!" -last words of Therese

See more beautiful pictures of the Saint and her family here. Read more of her life here.

~~~~~~
Novena to Saint Therese of the Little Flower
Saint Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore (mention your intention) and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more. (from Catholic Forum)
The above prayer, plus 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's and 5 Glory Be's must be said on 5 successive days, before 11 a.m. On the 5th day, the 5th set of prayers having been completed, offer one more set - 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's and 5 Glory Be's.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Staying in Balance said...

I love St. Therese. Thanks for sharing the pics of her. Beautiful!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

You're welcome 4hischurch!!!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Staying in Balance said...

St. Pete: Have you considered adding a site feed for myCatholic.com? That way I can put your headlines on my home page! :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

4hischurch, thank you for the suggestion. I didn't know about adding a site feed until you mentioned it. So I tried adding it but don't know if I did it correctly. You might want to check if you can add headlines now.

Thank you for the tip!!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Staying in Balance said...

St. Pete: Could you tell me where on your page the site feed is? There should be a little button similar to the one you have for Blog Explosion under your EWTN button. You can get it from the myCatholic.com site.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Hello 4hischurch! Thanks again for guiding me through this. This is my first time adding a site feed so forgive me for taking so long. Anyway, I've added the button right next to blogexplosion. Let me know if it works. :)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Staying in Balance said...

Thanks! It worked! :)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

That's great 4HC! Thanks again!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla