Sunday, February 05, 2006

Lourdes Novena: Fourth Day

DAY FOUR

O Immaculate Queen of Heaven, we your wayward, erring children, join our unworthy prayers of praise and thanksgiving to those of the angels and saints and your own-the One, Holy, and Undivided Trinity may be glorified in heaven and on earth. Our Lady of Lourdes, as you looked down with love and mercy upon Bernadette as she prayed her rosary in the grotto, look down now, we beseech you, with love and mercy upon us. From the abundance of graces granted you by your Divine Son, sweet Mother of God, give to each of us all that your motherly heart sees we need and at this moment look with special favor on the grace we seek in this novena (make your request).

O Brilliant star of purity, Mary Immaculate, Our Lady of Lourdes, glorious in your assumption, triumphant in your coronation, show unto us the mercy of the Mother of God, Virgin Mary, Queen and Mother, be our comfort, hope, strength, and consolation. Amen.

Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us.

Saint Bernadette, pray for us.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'She looked at me immediately, smiled at me and signed to me to advance, as if she had been my mother. All fear had left me, but 1 seemed to know no longer where 1 was. 1 rubbed my eyes, 1 shut them; but the lady was still there continuing to smile at me making me understand that 1 was not mistaken. Without thinking of what I was doing 1 took my rosary in my hands and went on my knees. The lady made with her head a sign of approval and herself took into her hands a rosary which hung on her right arm. When 1 attempted to begin the rosary and tried to lift up my hand to my forehead my arm remained paralysed, and it was only after the lady had signed herself (with the sign of the cross) that I could do the same. The lady left me to pray all alone; she passed the beads of her rosary through her fingers, but she said nothing; only at the end of each decade did she say the Gloria with me. When the recitation of the rosary was finished, the lady returned to the interior of the rock and the golden cloud disappeared with her.'

4:20 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

anonymous, thanks for this account by St. Bernadette. Have you ever read BERNADETTE SPEAKS: A LIFE OF SAINT BERNADETTE SOUBIROUS IN OWN WORDS by Rene Laurentin? It is the best book about St. Bernadette that I've read so far.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla