Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup

JMJ+D

The World Cup began June 9th in Germany. My family has been watching football (or what we call soccer here) since my childhood so there's a lot of interest in the household. Here's the complete schedule.

In the meantime, Church officials have something to say. A Vatican official denounces prostitution at the World Cup. Meantime, a Cardinal who is an avid soccer fan says that the World Cup should promote reconciliation among nations and respect for common moral principles.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

those are some great links, I was talking about the world cup today. Who do you go for? I grew up with soccer too, my grandpa would get excited over the finals, he would go for Italy. I have to be loyal to Australia and go for them, but either way I am happy with which ever team wins!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

We grew up with English football. So England's a favorite, also Italy and Brazil. I bet it's really exciting in Germany now! I'll be rooting for Australia too!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

FOOTBALL!!! You are right, it is exciting in Germany at the moment. Everywhere you go its footie and screens and flags and happy people! I love it. Thought you would favour the US but in the case of Brazil and England you can be lucky! Enjoy the games

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla