Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Little Flower

JMJ+D

The Little Flower is one of my dearest and beloved saints close to my heart as she helped me in my discernment to the Third Order Dominicans.

St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions

Prayer to St. Therese

O beautiful Rose of Carmel, Saint Therese of the Infant Jesus, deign according to your promise to descend from heaven to visit those who implore you.

Pour down on us in profusion those celestial graces that are symbolized by the shower of roses that Jesus, your spouse, has put at your disposition.

Your power is great with His Heart. He can only listen and hear your prayer. I have then recourse to you, O Saint Therese of the Infant Jesus, assist me in this circumstance.

Speak for me to Jesus and Mary and obtain for me to live a holy life and die a happy death. Saint Therese, hear my prayer. Show your power with God and cure me if it be for the honor of God and the good of my soul. Amen.

Prayer to St. Therese

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day, more and more. St. Therese of the Holy Face of Jesus, pray for us.

Novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face

The Twenty-Four Glory Be to the Father's is said particularly from the 9th - 17th of the month. Pray 24 Glory Be's and between each say "St. Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us".

Holy Face of Jesus Prayer of St Therese of Lisieux

O Jesus, Who in Your bitter passion became the most abject of men, a man of sorrows, I venerate Your sacred Face whereon there once shone the beauty and sweetness of the Godhead; but now it has become for me as if it were the face of a leper!

Nevertheless, under those disfigured features I recognize Your infinite love, and I am consumed with the desire to love You and make You loved by all men. The tears which well up abundantly in Your sacred eyes appear to me as so many precious pearls that I love to gather up, in order to purchase the souls of poor sinners by means of their infinite value.

O Jesus, Whose adorable Face ravishes my heart, I implore you to fix deep within me Your divine image and to set me on fire with Your love, that I may be found worthy to come to the contemplation of Your glorious Face in Heaven. Amen.
(Miracle Rosary Mission)


Image here

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My daughter took her name as her patron saint on her confirmation day.
Jonathan has sent her a book called "the path to love" or something like that. It's a beautiful account of her life.
Thanks for sharing the prayers. God bless you.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Oh that's wonderful Carmel. May your daughter be richly blessed by St. Therese who showers us flowers from Heaven!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla