Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Feast of St. Anthony of Padua

JMJ+D

Happy Feast of St. Anthony of Padua!

Among the many miracles St. Anthony wrought in the conversion of heretics; the three most noted recorded by his biographers are the following:

The first is that of a horse, which, kept fasting for three days, refused the oats placed before him, till he had knelt down and adored the Blessed Sacrament, which St. Anthony held in his hands. Legendary narratives of the fourteenth century say this miracle took place at Toulouse, at Wadding, at Bruges; the real place, however, was Rimini.

The second most important miracle is that of the poisoned food offered him by some Italian heretic, which he rendered innoxious by the sign of the cross.

The third miracle worthy of mention is that of the famous sermon to the fishes on the bank of the river Brenta in the neighbourhood of Padua; not at Padua, as is generally supposed.

(From New Advent)

AN ACT OF CONSECRATION TO ST. ANTHONY

Dear St. Anthony, glorious servant and blessed friend of God!
I salute thee in the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
Whom, in the form of a sweet little child,
thou hadst the privilege of holding in thy arms.
I rejoice in thy joy; I glory in thy honour;
I offer thee my heartfelt congratulations upon the
unspeakable bliss of heaven which is now thy reward,
and I thank God with all my heart for the graces
and privileges with which He has distinguished thee above so many other saints.
O St. Anthony, I consecrate myself to thee.
I choose thee to be my patron, my advocate,
my powerful intercessor at the court of Heaven,
and I am resolved to honour thee always.
I beseech thee, therefore, receive me as thy client, protect me,
defend me, help me in all the necessities of life,
and assist me in the hour of my death, that my soul may be saved,
and that with thee I may glorify God forever. Amen.

The Lord bless thee and keep thee.
The Lord show His face to thee and have mercy on thee.
The Lord turn His countenance to thee and give thee peace.The Lord bless thee.
(Blessing of St. Anthony.)

From here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla