Monday, January 30, 2006

God blesses EWTN with 25 Years

The 25th anniversary celebration of the Eternal World Television Network (EWTN) held in San Francisco was a great blessing and a weekend filled with many graces and blessings. Almost the entire EWTN personalities were there including about 80 of their employees manning the stage, the booths and the bookstore. If you have been touched by the EWTN programming like I have, you may consider promoting them in parishes, hospitals and nursing homes by clicking here or by simply sending in a donation.

Deacon Bill Steltemeier, Chairman of EWTN and a few of the nuns at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery, including the Mother Vicar, Sister Mary Catherine, spoke about the fruits of the twenty five years of hard work that God had entrusted to Mother Angelica and the network. To know more about Mother Angelica's health condition and to offer your prayers, click here.
Raymond Arroyo, news director and host, gives a book signing. He is the author of Mother Angelica: The Remarkable Story of a Nun, Her Nerve, and a Network of Miracles. His book is now a bestseller and he once said "I am the only homeless man on the New York Times Bestseller list! " He asked that we pray for him so that he and his family can find a new home after Hurricane Katrina.
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration known as the "Phoenix Five" because they are the five young nuns from Hansville chosen to start a monastery in Phoenix upon the invitation of Bishop Thomas J. Olmstead of the Diocese of Phoenix. Here in this photo are Sr. Esther Marie and Sr. Marie St. Paul. Sr. Marie Andre is in the background. They are beautiful cloistered nuns who received a special dispensation from the Bishop to attend the anniversary celebration. Although this was part of their work of evangelization, they said they could not wait to go back home to the monastery to be with Jesus. What a beautiful witness to the world.
Father Francis Mary Stone, MFVA is a great witness to young men for vocations to the priesthood and religious life. Seen here with four young men with custom-made T-shirts that said at the back "Real men watch...." And the rest you can figure out for yourself. If any of you young men out there who think you may be called to the priesthood or religious life, check out the Franciscan Missionaries of the Eternal Word.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

OH poor Raymond! I will pray that he finds a home and his book sounds like an interesting read for my flight to the USA, I need to keep myself entertained, so what better excuse to buy a new book!
God bless EWTN! I have only in the past year discovered them.
Thanks for the post

2:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love EWTN! All Catholic-All the time!! I was watching it before I decided to become Catholic. Mother Angelica is great!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmel, you are in for the Catholic time of your life! Danny obviously knows! EWTN rocks!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you for these links. I am planning on becoming a priest, so I will certainly look at the link you provided near the end.

You have a great blog. It's my honor to nominate you for the Catholic Blog Awards for Most Informative Blog.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Moneybags, thank you so much! I deeply appreciate your vote of confidence. Any honor due to this blog is given to Our Lady for it is consecrated to her.

I am so happy to hear of your plans to become a priest. We need holy priests! May the Lord Jesus bless you abundantly and may you be His special son that you may be His light for the whole world! I shall keep you in my prayers.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Carmel, yes that a great idea about reading the book in flight to the USA. I bet you'll finish it before you land!

Danny,EWTN has been instrumental in my own formation as a lay person. Do you watch Journey Home with Mark Grodi? They invite converts to Catholicism. Perhaps one day you can be a guest!

Anonymous - Amen! EWTN rocks!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Catholic world owes much to Mother Angelica's EWTN. With all the false prophets these post VatII years, where would we be? Though we would certainly know that their voices were not of our Shepherd, where would have found affirmation? EWTN is the true face of The Church. This beacon of Light has shepherded home countless numbers of converts and reverts as well.

It is with JOY that I rush to mail in my monthly support.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Wow Patte, that's so true! EWTN is such a great blessing to the Catholic Church! Your monthly envelope is a gift that will help save souls!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you, St. Peter's Helper. That is precisely my goal - to be a beacon of light. I wish for it not to be my light but rather Christ's light through me.

I would greatly appreciate your prayers. Right now I'm trying to find information on different seminaries across the US but have found little so far.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Angela Louise said...

EWTN is wonderful. I loved being able to watch it when I was in Ukraine as well. May God bless them with many many more years!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Moneybags, how do we nominate? I would like to nominate St.P's helpers too!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Angela Louise, I didn't know EWTN was aired in Ukraine. Wow, that's fantastic! God bless you and praying for you as you discern for religious life.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Carmel, you are so very kind. God bless you!

I'll post the link so you can vote for your other favorite blogs. There are so many outstanding blogs out there. A visit from friends like you who love Jesus, is already a great reward.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla