Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Vatican Remembers John Paul II

JMJ+D

The Vatican will lead a prayer vigil on the evening of April 2, the day of Pope John Paul II's death. Then on April 3, the Holy Father will celebrate Mass to commemorate the first year anniversary of John Paul's going home to the Lord.

Sunday, April 2:

8:30 p.m. - Prayers accompanied with Marian songs and the reading of texts of Karol Wojtyla.

9:00 p.m. - Cardinal Ruini will lead the Rosary and the Holy Father, Benedict XVI, will appear at the window of his study to join in the Rosary. During the prayer, passages will be read taken from John Paul II's apostolic letter "Rosarium Virginis Mariae" and other of his magisterial texts.

9:37 p.m. - the time of John Paul II's death, Benedict XVI will address the faithful present and will conclude the prayer with the apostolic blessing.

Monday, April 3:

5:30 p.m. - Benedict will preside over a Mass marking the first anniversary of John Paul II's death, celebrated in St. Peter's Square.

(Zenit)

***

On another note, there may be another miracle attributed to John Paul's intercession. This time, it's a man from the United States who is reportedly cured from an incurable liver infection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

I loved John Paul ll very much. April 2nd will be a somber day for me.

And, by the way, I hope you have read and enjoyed my posts on the series of John Paul ll so far. I will post the final part in the next few days.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Moneybags, last night I saw a documentary on EWTN about John Paul II, and just seeing him again made me miss him very much. I simply miss him as a father. He became Pope when I was in high school and my youth was spent being formed by his pontificate. May he soon be elevated among the saints in Heaven!

Also, yes I have enjoyed your John Paul II series and really appreciate your doing this. You pointed out that four million were lined up for the viewing of his body. I heard that this line could even be seen from space! This also reminded me when we attended WYD in the Philippines... 4 million people were there. Who else can attract that many people at one time?

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla