Saturday, April 01, 2006

Novena To John Paul II - Ninth Day

JMJ+D

I just want to share with you that praying this novena to John Paul the Great has brought signal graces and blessings to my soul. In thanksgiving to God for giving us Pope John Paul II and for the intercession of John Paul II, there will be special posts in his honor in the next few days. John Paul II, pray for us!

Thanks to Moneybags at A Catholic Life for reminding us of this novena to Pope John Paul II in time for the first-year anniversary of his death on April 2, 2006. Today is the ninth day.

Prayer:

O Blessed Trinity, We thank you for having graced the Church with Pope John Paul II and for allowing the tenderness of your Fatherly care, the glory of the cross of Christ, and the splendor of the Holy Spirit, to shine through him.Trusting fully in Your infinite mercy and in the maternal intercession of Mary, he has given us a living image of Jesus the Good Shepherd, and has shown us that holiness is the necessary measure of ordinary Christian life and is the way of achieving eternal communion with you.Grant us, by his intercession, and according to Your will, the graces we implore, hoping that he will soon be numbered among your saints. Amen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you for joining me in this Novena, St. Peter's Helper. I just can't believe it's almost been one year.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

I know what you mean Moneybags! I can still remember crying upon hearing the announcement of his death.

But God provides us with Benedict!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't believe it's almost the anniversary! Time has just run away. It's a beautiful novena.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Thank you for joining me in these prayers for the last nine days. Last night I watched my taped copy of the funeral of John Paul ll. It really brought back memories.

I know you have been reading my series on John Paul. I wanted to let you know that I just posted the final part. Please let me know what you think and share your memories of John Paul ll there.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla