Saturday, May 20, 2006

Don't Delay Confession

JMJ+D

The text below is taken from a short guide to confession printed by the Monastery of the Precious Blood, Watertown, NY 13601.

Place on they heart one drop of the Precious Blood of Jesus and fear nothing! - Pope Pius IX


Invitation: "Neither will I condemn you. Go your way and from now on sin no more." These are the words spoken by Jesus Christ, God, to the woman caught committing seriuos sin. Even to the thief on the cross, Jesus said: "This day thou shalt be with me in paradise."

No matter how deeply we have fallen into sin, we should never fear God because He is our Father who knows our weaknesses but loves us without limit. Never fear any priest in the confessional as he is God's representative placed there to help us, and he, too, is a sinner in need of God's mercy.

If it is a long time since your last confession, if there are some sins that you don't know how to confess or are afraid to tell the priest, if you are mixed up about past confessions, or if you have any questions or problems, ask the priest in the confessional to help you.


DON'T POSTPONE YOUR CONFESSION.
THAT NEVER SOLVES ANYTHING
.
Review of life:
1. Do I love God above all else? Do I put anything ahead of Him: money, power, sex? Blamed Him when I was dissatisfied?
2. Have I sworn falsely? Used profanity?
3. Have I heard Mass on Sunday? Prayed often?
4. Do I respect my parents and all in authority? Been critical of them? Do I support my parents if they need it?
5. Have I injured or endangered anyone by anger, drunkenness or carelessness? Have I used drugs or alcohol to excess?
6. Have I been pure in thought, word and deed? Had an abortion? Advised, procured or participated in one?
7. Have I stolen? Damaged property? Given to the Church?
8. Have I lied about anyone? Damaged anyone's reputation?
9. Have I been jealous or envious? Been mean or petty toward those who have more than I?
10. Have I respected the marriage bonds of others even in my thoughts?
Act of Sorrow:
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You Whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Saviour Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Staying in Balance said...

Thanks so much for that post! I just went to confession on Sunday.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla