Monday, July 31, 2006

In Need of Atonement?

JMJ+D

I do!

I was overjoyed to hear from Moneybags of a plenary indulgence available on August 2nd for the feast of Portiuncula.

The Portiuncula is the little chapel where Jesus, Mary and a host of angels appeared to St. Francis of Assisi to grant him his request that all sinners visiting this little Church and confessing their sins with a contrite heart will receive full pardon. I was blessed to have visited the Church back in 1997 but was not aware then of this indulgence. So I am happy to hear of it now.

Please read here for the necessary conditions to gain the indulgence.

I tell you, don't miss out on this!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds lovely I will do it.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was just wanting to ask a question. I visited the site but one of the conditions are that you must visit the Porziuncola, how do you do that?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Carmel, you're right. However, I think the indulgence is also available to those who cannot visit the Portiuncula.

In one of the links in my post, it says "All these more or less difficult conditions are not necessary for the Portiuncula indulgence; all that is required to gain it is worthily to receive the Sacraments of Penance and of the Blessed Eucharist and to say in a church of the Franciscans or in the parish church the customary prayers for an indulgence. What could be easier than the gaining of this indulgence? How would it be possible for our divine Savior to require less of us in order to remit to us not only sin and eternal punishment, but even all temporal punishments? "

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for that, now I can go forth with my indulgence! I knew that there would be another way but wasnt sure what it was. Again thanks God bless you!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla