Monday, October 02, 2006

Feast of the Guardian Angels

JMJ+D

See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. Be attentive to him and heed his voice. - Exodus 23:-20-21a

Update: Here's a prayer that Carmel so kindly directed to me:

GUARDIAN ANGEL PRAYER

O MOST holy Angel of God, appointed by God to be my guardian, I give thee thanks for all the benefits which thou hast ever bestowed on me in body and soul. I praise and glorify thee that thou condescended to assist me with such patient fidelity, and to defend me against all the assaults of my enemy.

Blessed be the hour in which thou were assigned me for my guardian, my defender and my patron. In acknowledgmentand return for all thy loving ministries to me, I offer thee the infinitely precious and noble Heart of Jesus, and firmly purpose to obey thee henceforward, and most faithfully to serve my God. Amen.

O my good Angel, whom God, by His Divine mercy, hath appointed to be my guardian, enlighten and protect me, direct and govern me this day. Amen.

Catholic Tradition

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

what a feast day! A time to thank and think of those wonderful angels working to guard us. Have a great day!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and I almost forgot to say that there is a beautiful prayer to our guardian angel on a traditional Catholic prayer page, I thought you might like it. http://www.catholictradition.org/prayers1.htm I don't know how to make the link clickable so you would have to copy and paste it, sorry.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Saint Peter's helpers said...

Thank you so much Carmel!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla