Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Pledge

JMJ+D

My Christmas Pledge with Prayer to the Infant Jesus

I Promise . . .

1. To make my Christmas a holy day with Christ-----not a holiday without Him.

2. To observe Christmas as the birthday of Christ-----not a day to give and receive material gifts.

3. To remember that the real symbols of Christmas are the Star, the Stable and the Crib-----not Santa Claus and his reindeer.

4. To teach my children that "Santa Claus" is the nickname of St. Nicholas-----who gave to the poor in honor of Christ.

5. To help one poor family-----in honor of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, the Holy Family of Bethlehem.

6. To send Christmas cards remindful of Him, the Infant Savior-----not decorated only with candy canes, dogs, ribbons and wreaths.

7. To make room in my home for Him-----with a Christmas Crib to remind me that He was born in a stable.

8. During the Christmas season, in a special way, to honor Mary, His mother-----who kept the first Christmas vigil beside the manger.

9. To begin Christmas by leading my family to His altar-----to receive the Bread of Life.

10. Today and every day, to give "Glory to God in the highest"-----to work and pray for "Peace on earth to men of good will."

Nihil Obstat: Joseph A. M. Quigley, Censor Librorum Imprimatur, + John J Krol, D.D., J.C.D., Archbishop of Philadelphia, March, 1964


Prayer to the Infant Jesus

Come to me, O Divine Savior, vouchsafe to be born in my heart.
Grant that, taught by Thine example, and assisted by Thy grace,
I may be poor in spirit and humble of heart.
Keep me chaste and obedient.
I wish to live but for Thee, and to do all things purely for love of Thee.
O Mary, my Advocate and Mother,
obtain by thy prayers forgiveness of my past offenses
and holy perseverance unto death.
St. Joseph, do thou also pray for me,
that I may become daily more pleasing to Jesus.
Amen.
WITH ECCLESIASTICAL APPROBATION

From here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Wonderful ideas to make Christmas truly holy!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

+ Consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary + Click to play "REGINA CAELI"

Apostolic Blessing by Pope Benedict XVI

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>
John Paul II
You are Pope John Paul II. You are a force to be
reckoned with.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla