My Christmas Pledge with Prayer to the Infant Jesus
I Promise . . .
1. To make my Christmas a holy day with Christ-----not a holiday without Him.
2. To observe Christmas as the birthday of Christ-----not a day to give and receive material gifts.
3. To remember that the real symbols of Christmas are the Star, the Stable and the Crib-----not Santa Claus and his reindeer.
4. To teach my children that "Santa Claus" is the nickname of St. Nicholas-----who gave to the poor in honor of Christ.
5. To help one poor family-----in honor of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, the Holy Family of Bethlehem.
6. To send Christmas cards remindful of Him, the Infant Savior-----not decorated only with candy canes, dogs, ribbons and wreaths.
7. To make room in my home for Him-----with a Christmas Crib to remind me that He was born in a stable.
8. During the Christmas season, in a special way, to honor Mary, His mother-----who kept the first Christmas vigil beside the manger.
9. To begin Christmas by leading my family to His altar-----to receive the Bread of Life.
10. Today and every day, to give "Glory to God in the highest"-----to work and pray for "Peace on earth to men of good will."